Monday, March 22, 2004

Komikero March Meeting

Yesterday, March 21, 2004, we had our monthly Komikero meeting at Sampaloc Lake, San Pablo City Laguna. There were 17 of us who attended. That meeting, I think, was the most number of members who came. Among the first timers were Lynette, Ed, ?, and Jonas' baby. We tackled about the future activities for the group.

The monthly meeting with the Komikero's is a great escape for me. With them I felt no pressure - just pure fun it maybe due to the fact that we do share the same interest - comics. Some of us love to draw, some love to write, or some just love to read comics. And you know what? We click. Despite from the fact that we came from the different areas of the country, we still go to San Pablo to meet the members of Komikero's. I for one came from Kidapawan City (I am staying in Sta. Rosa now). Staying in the boarding house with nothing to do but wait for tomorrow is much more tiring than the one hour and 30 minute trip going to San Pablo. Actually, being with the group is a stress relief for me. I remembered the first time I attended the meeting last October 26, 2003, I don't have the slightest idea what will happen during that day. I don't even know how the people I'm going to meet looked like. All I got is my bag, with drawing materials, and a piece of paper with Gerry's e-mail on it telling me instructions on how to go to Sampaloc Lake. Then I saw a guy with a huge portfolio bag arrived. "He must be one of them," I thought so I approached him. It turned out that I'm right. He's one of the Komikero's and then we exchanged introduction - he's Jonas. Then Gerry came next, followed by Jac, then Johnny with Raipo (also his first time), and finally Geoff and his sister. I never thought that they were, and still are, so warm. Though it was my first time, I did not felt as one. Many monthly meetings come and go, we even celebrated our Christmas Party at Gerry and Ilyn's place, but up to now I am still looking forward to every meeting and activity that the group is going to have.

Below are the Komikero's who attended the meeting:



From left: Jepoy, Jac (Super Logo), Azrael (Super Logo), Lynette, Ed, Johnny, Ric, Raipo, ? (sorry, I forgot the guy with goatee), me (with cap), Glenn, Geoff, Rod (bald guy), Ilyn, Jonas, Jonas' baby, and Gerry (front below).

*Picture courtesy of Gerry Alanguilan.

No comments: