Saturday, July 03, 2004

Interview series #1

I had a series of interview (and exam) last week:

First, from a credit card company. A lot of us were there for an exam and only 5 of us passed. If you ask me how I find the exam, it is so easy for anyone who took up Math as their major subject and English as their minor subject in college. They ask me "What is an ECE like you doing here?" I don't have any idea at all. Hey, they are the one who called me, duh.

Second, from a call center company. I did not intend to apply for this company but I saw their walkway add along Ayala Ave. and decided why not try it and see if my "English" is good enough for them. I went there as a walkin applicant and you know what, I actually passed the interview for the position of technical customer care representative. Then they ask me to come back the next day for the series of exams. I went back the next day and I took the exam, only 6 of used made it after the 3rd part. Then right now, I am waiting for their call for the final interview.

Third, from a bank company. I went there as early as 7 am for the jobfair because they said that "first come, first serve." I came in 4th. The interview was so quick that everyone looked at me as is they were saying, "Oh poor guy, he must have failed the interview," and all that. Actually, they scheduled me for an exam on August 2, 2004. That's about two months from now. Can I wait that long? I don't know.

Fourth, from ATO. The secretary of ATO - Davao branch called me and told me that I have to give two requirements that I lack: Authenticated original copy of Transcript of Records and authenticated original copy of College Diploma. That I have to submit it on that same day. Like I am in Manila right now so it would be impossible for me to produce those requirements. Huhuhu. I really want to try my luck at ATO but given the situation, I think it seems enough proof that the job was not really for me - at least for now. She told me that she would keep my papers for future reference in case they would be hiring people like me again in the future. Sigh.

Lastly, from a telecoms/electronics company. I arrived the company's premises (Pasig area) around 7 am coming from Sta. Rosa, Laguna. Yeah, I'm always that early. Around 8 am they started interviewing us applicants. There were only 4 of us that day but only 2 of us qualified for the exam. The questions this time were really hard for me like "Draw and exlplain the microwave point-to-point communication," or "Draw and explain the fiber optics communications." Like I knew the answer before but now it's really hard to recall those things specially when you used to be familiar with the topics like two years ago. Fortunately, I passed. They the general manager interviewed me for like 2 hours. Maybe because I just talked a lot or he just asked too much. He said that he would be willing to pay me up to Php **,*** per month plus 10% commission if I would be willing to accept the job right away (like the following week already). I told him that I still have to think it over before arriving to any conclusion because I don't want just to grab the opportunity without thinking it over and over again until I convinced myself that this is the job I want or otherwise. By the way the position is Solutions Consultant for electronics production. I have over weekends to think and I should tell them my decision on Monday. Right now, I am still not sure about my decision. Solutions Consultant is combination of Sales and Service Engineer and if I accept the job then it means that I have to contact all the people I used to talk when I was still with Panasonic. Oh I don't know, the temptation is too much to bear. Oh somebody help me please.

In general, last week was quite a busy week for me. Thanks to Igme, it makes my week very difficult and almost unbearable. Well I hope that this coming week would be "a more sunny" week for all of us - and a "good job" for me too. Hehehe.

No comments: